This course covers the theoretical part of basic flight knowledge which an unmanned aircraft (drones, RPAS or UAVs) pilot or operator must know in order to carry out their duties. The course has been designed in accordance with the Ley 18/2014, of October 14th, in which the qualification requisites are set down for pilots to operate RPAS, commonly known as drones.
As stated in Article 50 of the above law, the requirements for pilots of remote-controlled civil aircraft which do not surpass 25 kg are the following:
- Have completed a drone pilot (RPAS) course (theoretical part), basic or advanced, in an accredited organisation or be in possession of a valid pilot’s license (this course covers this requirement). As it is a basic and advanced course, it qualifies the pilot to fly the aircraft both in and out of the range of vision.
- Be in possession of a specific course (practical part) related to the aircraft of choice, issued by the manufacturer or another organisation which is homologated by them. Specifically, the Dronemadrid drone pilot course (RPAS) covers this requirement. Click on this link for the full information.
- Be in possession of a valid aeronautical medical certificate that is Class 2 or LAPL. In order to obtain this certificate, a medical examination must be carried out in an authorised AESA centre. A list of centres can be consulted by clicking on this link
Train UAV pilots so that the carrying out of their duties is done in a learning space which is both ample and safe, bearing in mind the airspace in which we operate.
Obtain the basic and advanced RPAS (drone) pilot certificates.
Who it’s for
Anybody who wishes to be trained to be a RPAS or drone pilot.
The sole necessary requisite to attend this course is to be over 18 years old.
We strongly urge obtaining the aeronautical medical certificate LAPL or class 2 BEFORE enrolling and completing the RPAS/drone pilot course. Why? If the medical test is not passed, even having passed the specific theory and practice exams, AESA will not allow you to pilot these kinds of drones.
The contents of this course have been developed with the premise that as a student you may not have previous aeronautical experience. Each subject is explained in a pedagogical manner, starting out from the most basic concepts up to reaching the advanced level which is needed by drone pilots in order to operate an aircraft safely. The course syllabus is that proposed by AESA in the regulations and is the following:
- Aircraft knowledge.
- Aircraft performance.
- Navigation and map-reading.
- Operational procedures.
- Human factors concerning RPAS.
- ATC knowledge.
- Advanced communications.
E-learning allows the student to access the course content as many times as may be needed and at any time of day, all that is needed is a computer and an Internet connection.
In order to be able to attend the final exam the student must have completed all the e-training modules and have attended the in-person classes.
DRONEMADRID® Cuatrovientos Airport.
Ctra de Acceso al Barrio de la Fortuna, S/N, 28044 Madrid
Request further information via the form below. ->